JOB TITLE: Site Supervisor
LOCATED: Bandstand Holme Green, Regent’s Park
REPORTING TO: Summer Music Programme Co-ordinator
The programme for 2019 will begin on June 23rd and end on September 1st, the dates over which coverage is required
There will be concerts every Sunday from 12:30 to 5:30 pm (in two sessions from 12:30 to 2:30 and 3:30 to 5:30) as well as the August bank holiday. Bands will include a Royal Academy of Music group, South London Jazz Orchestra, Help the Heroes Band, City of London Brass, Barnes Concert Band and many more.
There is a requirement for a Site Supervisor(s) on each concert day. The role will be based at Holme Green, the location of the Bandstand. A member of Royal Parks Staff will be available for advice on the day and would be able to attend site if required in an emergency. They will be contactable by mobile phone.
- To oversee activities from the arrival of the band(s) to their departure
- To ensure that the site supervisor instructions, which will be provided, is followed
- To be a point of contact in case of emergencies
- To liaise with the Royal Parks Duty Manager and / or emergency services as necessary
- To erect and take down the banners attached to the Bandstand rails
- To set up the PA system and test microphones and approve the sound levels at sound check. Idverde will deliver and pickup the PA system.
- To record a single piece for the band playing on the device supplied
- Use clicker to record approximately how many in audience (count taken at 1:00, 2:00, 4:00 and 5:00 pm)
- To hand out flyers to the audience
- To provide brief notes after the event on what went well and what could be improved
- It is important that the Site Supervisor has a mobile phone in case of emergencies, this will not be provided
Health and Safety
- To be familiar with the lost children procedure (contained within the site supervisors instructions)
- In case of health and safety concerns advice will be available on the day from the Royal Parks Duty Manager
- To record any incidents that require emergency treatment
- Training will be provided